The Seven Mile
In 1956, AE Stratton purchased the 1901 Methodist church on Seven Mile road at Meningie as a holiday destination for his growing young family. Throughout the seventies a young Alfred junior, Keith Wayne and Martin Zeugofsge spent many a week-end with their young families practicing their trades – building a kitchen, bathroom, laundry and bedrooms. Three generations have enjoyed the Coorong at the Seven Mile in all its majesty. At the turn of the century, the church was meticulously restored to its former glory. During this time, the neighbouring property, was purchased. In 2011, the old Hayman’s dairy joined the Stratland group. Paddock’s were renovated, pipelines restored, fences re-established, infrastructure developed and then it was stocked with prime black angus cattle. Today, Stratland runs quality, home grown, free range, grass fed black angus cattle on quality pastures in quality soil.